Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Why people drink alcohol?

 Abuse of alcoholic beverages causes a number of disorders:

LOOK FIRST AT THE FOLLOWING QUOTE ABOUT ALCOHOL:

Quote: “-Physically, the body changes and tenses, the capacity and functioning of the brain decrease, the nervous and muscular systems become tense and overstimulated;

Like all other forms of addiction, alcoholism manifests itself mainly when I need to fill a deep emotional or inner void, an aspect of myself that really "poisons" my existence!

People get drunk on alcohol for a variety of reasons:

-I run away from my reality, no matter the situation (conflict or otherwise) because it doesn't suit me;

-I resist my fears, especially of paternal/maternal authority, and of the people I love, because I am afraid of revealing myself in broad daylight for who I really am;

-Gives me the courage to move forward, to speak up, to face people (note that if you're a little drunk, you're often more open because you're less focused on your inhibitions);

-Gives me a sense of power and strength;

-Gives me power in an emotional relationship, because my intoxicated state will definitely disturb the other person;

-I no longer see situations that can be dangerous for me;

-I live in loneliness, isolation, guilt, inner anguish, misunderstanding and some form of abandonment (family or otherwise) and I feel like a worthless person, useless, inferior, unable to be and act for myself and for others. I'm trapped in my overly rigid rules. Because I believe that I do not deserve love and happiness, I find myself in a cold environment where no one understands me. Instead of building strong relationships with people, I do it with alcohol, which becomes my best friend. I can't find my place in society.

-In the past, I lived intensely / could "get drunk" with life itself - speed, height, nature, etc. and then it disappeared from my life.

-I need to cheer myself up a bit;

-I can also often escape a conflict situation or one that hurts me by "drowning my pain." Or from any other emotion, I'm having a hard time with.

"I don't feel helpful in my life situation, and alcohol becomes my crutch."

(End of quote. Author: Jacques Martel)

Let's get back to the beggining

Well, the human brain itself is so built that it basically prevents you from achieving happiness. For example, when you achieve some success, when you fall in love, you do your hobby, you take something chemical or green, or you drink...

It is in the brain that there is a rapid release of dopamine, serotonin, and other pleasant neurotransmitters. But after a while, the brain cells overheat with the bombardment of these hormones. Enzymes begin to break down their excess, and the level returns to a relatively low level.

The down-regulation mechanism then desensitizes the brain cells to dopamine. The everyday state of frustration, fatigue, and burnout, anger returns again. So the ego, hungry for these pleasures, forces you to take more and more actions, where the reward is a moment of excitement. And then again and again. Eternal bunny chase.

It is our very biology that excludes such a thing as happiness. I define happiness as inner peace, abundance, satisfaction with the actions taken, and a sense of their meaning. And such a state is almost impossible because of how we were created. And already love relationships are so botched that it is practically difficult for me to show a happy marriage with many years of experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Fallout predict our post-war reality? Consequences of a nuclear disaster and a chance for survival

 When we think of nuclear war, images of destroyed cities, radioactive contamination and survivors struggling to survive immediately come to...